Surveys have found COVID-19 has caused major reductions in routine dental care visits!
When it comes to your Dental Care routine, it is recommended that you see your local Real Life Dentist for a cleaning every six months. However, due to COVID-19 putting a pause on many industries and medical procedures, surveys have shown that patients are falling out of their typical dental care routine. This can lead to serious dental health issues, as people are now going years without getting their routine dental check-ups completed. Surveys have shown that patients dental health is actually failing due to a number of factors.
The American Association of Endodontists (AAE) completed a survey that had significant and eye opening findings. The AAE published their findings on their website, which included excerpt with the statistics below:
- 31% were snacking more on sweets
- 28% didn’t schedule or forgot to schedule a dental visit
- 1 in 4 said they waited until later in the morning to brush their teeth, while 21% didn’t brush in the morning at all
- There was also a major drop off in flossing, with 24% saying they’re flossing less frequently, while 23% say they aren’t flossing
- Millennials more frequently reported experiencing dental disruptions, with 43% of those surveyed indicating that working from home or attending virtual classes from home led to disruptions to their usual dental hygiene habits during the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown.
It is important to continue your Routine Dental Care!
These eye opening statistics show how important it is to stay up to date on your routine dental care. As Endodontists, our patient’s health is of the utmost importance. We want our patients to have a healthy smile for life, and making sure they see their Real Life Dentist can help prevent any undiagnosed issues from progressing.
That last thing we want is for a patient to experience dental pain, decay, or other dental complications. In the case that you do experience any sort of dental pain, it is important to see your Dentist as soon as possible to prevent any further infection or inflammation from causing permanent damage.
Should you be experiencing a dental emergency, contacting Real Life Endo is your best course of action. Endodontists specialize in emergency examinations and surgeries, and Real Life Endo is here to help your through your dental emergency.